At Downey, we strive to provide our students and their parents with all of the tools they need to be successful. Explore Parent Resources to find important documents, parenting tips, and helpful links as well as general information about the school policies.
A complete list of health forms is available below. Please download, fill out, and turn in any forms that are applicable to your child. Your protections under HIPAA.
Download Health Forms
Click on the required form and print:
- Authorization for Release and or Disclosure of Medical Information
- Catheterization orders
- Diabetes Care Plan
- Diabetic Care Plan for Oral Medication
- Report of Health Examination For School Entry
- Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Special Meals, Medical Statement to Request Special Meals and/or Accommodations
- Special Meals, Withdraw Medical Statement to Request Special Meal and/or Accommodation
- VP Shunt Care Plan
- · Allergy Care Plan· Asthma Care Plan
Authorization for Gastrostomy Feeding in School
· Hemophilia Care Plan
· Individual Health Care Plan
· Limited Physical Activity
· Limited Physical Education
· Medication Authorization (Request for Assistance With Medication)
· Oral Health Assessment
Oxygen Administration at School
· Seizure Care Plan
· Urinary Catheterization
All students must be immunized to attend school at DUSD. Please click on the forms and information below to learn more.
Student Accident & Sickness Insurance
Even though we take precautions to protect your child from injuries, accidents can and do happen while students are participating in school activities on campus, on school trips, and during extra-curricular activities and sports.
Fees, Charges, and Deposits
Download Information Sheet: English
True Lasting Connections (TLC) Family Resource Center
The TLC Family Resource Center partners with more than 50 agencies dedicated to providing support to children and families within Downey Unified. TLC also ensures that each referred student receives the physical and emotional support they need.
Downey Council PTA H.E.L.P.S.
Information regarding a food pantry sponsored by Downey Council PTA for the students and families of Downey Unified.
Student Attendance Expectations
Regular school attendance is important at Downey High School and students who miss school frequently can fall behind on classes and credits. Punctuality is important for students to learn so they may achieve their greatest academic potential. It is important for students to understand that tardiness to class is unacceptable. We ask that students to arrive on time daily and encourage parents to make appointments after school to avoid loss of class time.
All absences must be reported by the parent/guardian on the first day of absence and can be submitted in one of the following ways:
When a student has been absent for more than 7 days, all future absences will need to be verified by a physician, school nurse, health assistant, or an appropriate school employee. Absences not verified will be considered unexcused and students will need to attend Saturday School to clear unexcused absences.
Parents/guardians will have 10 school days to verify the absence, beginning on the day the student returns to school. A Chronic Absentee Notice will be mailed home after the 7th absence.
Students who come to school late must report directly to their classroom. If it is 30 minutes or more please report directly to the Attendance Office.
- 1st Warning
- 2nd Warning
- 3rd Campus Beautification
- 5th Saturday School
- 9th Possible referral for SART (School Attendance Review Team)
If you have questions regarding attendance, feel free to call the attendance line (562) 469-7333 or email email@example.com.
Leaving Campus Early
Downey High is not an open campus. If your student does need to leave campus early for an appointment, please follow these steps in order to minimize class disruptions:
- Write a note the morning of the early departure that includes: student's full name, ID #, reason, and time your student needs to leave.
- Have this student drop off the note at the attendance office window on the outside of the A building before school starts.
- Have your student return to the window at snack and the attendance office will have generated an off-campus pass that the student can show the teacher/security to leave school early.
Downey High School Counselors are vital members of the education team. They help all students in the areas of academic achievement, personal/social development and career development.
Learn more about joining a sport.
i-Ready is an online program that will help determine your student’s needs, personalize their learning, and monitor progress throughout the school year. i-Ready allows teachers to meet your student exactly where they are and provides data to increase your student’s learning gains.
Learn more: Visit the Family Center
School Zone Traffic Laws
Become familiar with the special laws related to keeping schools safe. Learn more: School Zone Traffic Laws
California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP)
End-of-year statewide test results to get a complete picture of your child’s learning.
Learn more: CAASPP: A Parent’s Guide
Common Sense Media
Discover family-friendly media you feel good about sharing with your kids. Entertainment and technology recommendations for families.