At Downey, we strive to provide our students with all of the tools they need to be successful. Student Resources houses links to educational websites to further students’ knowledge, as well as general information about the school policies.
We strongly advise students to always ask a parent or guardian for permission before using the internet and to always use safe practices.
DHS Writing Center
Downey High School Library
Free online tutoring is available
Downey High School Counselors are vital members of the education team. They help all students in the areas of academic achievement, personal/social development and career development.
- Contact your school counselor through your school’s main line or counseling office during normal business hours (Hours may be adjusted due to the school dismissal)
- Wellness Center A mental health one-stop-shop for counseling, clinical therapy, community resource referrals and more. Our professionals provide a wide variety of services and programs to address overcoming life’s obstacles.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline (800) 273-TALK (8255)
or text “START” to 741741 or go to suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- California Youth Crisis Line Open 24/7 (800) 843-5200
- Suicide Prevention Center (800) 727-4747
- Department of Mental Health (800) 854-7771
- Teen Line for teen to teen help: teenlineonline.org or text “TEEN” to 839863
- Care Solace 24/7 Support, (888) 515-0595
- Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health Psychiatric Mobile Response Team (PMRT) ACCESS Line (800) 854-7771