Columbus High School is currently enrolling students for their summer welding course, year 1. The summer course is open to students in grades 10-11 (Downey Unified students) who are interested in joining year 2 in August and completing the welding pathway.
What is a Welding Pathway?
The Downey Unified Welding Pathway will be equivalent to the Cerritos College course: WELD 100 Welding Fundamentals (2.5 units)
DUSD Year 1: Weld 100: fall and spring semesters (180 hours total)
DUSD Year 2: Second course
- Each semester course offers 5 original credits and is not recommended for credit recovery
- Each course meets a-g criteria needed for high school diploma or application to CSU and UC
- Offers forklift certification: student must be 18+ years of age
- Is a first step on path towards becoming licensed and certified with the American Welding Society (AWS)
- Prepares students for trade school and entry-level work in welding and related fields
For more information, contact:
Mr. Mazariegos, Welding Instructor at email@example.com
Mr. Cervantes, Welding Instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org