Win a trip to Washington, D.C.!*
- The competition is open to all high school students living in the 40th Congressional District.
- Entry must be of original concept, idea, design, and execution and may not violate any U.S. Copyright Laws.
- Entry must not reproduce an existing photo, painting, graphic, advertisement or any work produced by another person.
- The work may not infringe the rights of any third party.
- Student and parent/guardian must read, initial & sign Statement of Compliance and Understanding.
- Student must also submit description and/or inspiration for art work.
- Framed or matted entries will not be accepted.
- For art work to officially be accepted and qualify as a finalist, the art work must be delivered in its original medium/media and not a scanned reproduction.
- Only one entry per student will be accepted.
- Artwork must be two-dimensional, no larger than 22 inches by 22 inches, and no smaller than 8 inches by 10 inches.
- The following mediums can be used individually or in combination: paintings, drawings, prints, filmor digital photography, and computer generated art.
- Submit at least three (3) images in PNG, JPG or PDF format.
- The winning entry will represent the 40th Congressional District and may be displayed in the U.S.Capitol for one year in a national exhibition.**
- Finalists will be displayed in Congresswoman Lucille Roybal-Allard’s District Office for one year.
Deadline for entries
Students must complete the Google form at this link: Google Form and upload three (3) digital photos of her/his art entry (digital photographs need to only submit one photo.) Please reach out to your high school administration for the link to this Google form and next steps.
Students should also submit a completed hard copy of the Statement of Compliance and Understanding, which must be initialed and signed by the student, and signed by the student’s parent or guardian. Teachers’ signatures are not mandatory this year.
Signed and completed Statement of Compliance and Understanding must be sent in and postmarked by March 26, 2021 to:
Congresswoman Lucille Roybal-Allard
500 Citadel Drive, Suite 320
Commerce, CA 90040
Call (323) 721-8790 or email Roybal-Allard.ARTCOMP@mail.house.gov for more information.
*Trip to Washington, D.C.is contingent upon COVID-19 restrictions and conditions.
**Exhibit of all qualifying art work is dependent upon COVID-19 restrictions and conditions.