At Stauffer, we strive to provide our students with all of the tools they need to be successful. Student Resources houses links to educational websites to further students’ knowledge. These resources can teach students more about specific topics or provide them opportunities to test their current skills.
We strongly advise students to always ask a parent or guardian for permission before using the internet and to always use safe practices. Now start researching and expand your knowledge!
As a district, our singular concern is the safety and well-being of all our students, families, and staff. To facilitate ease of access, the resources provided on this page have been obtained from trusted national, state, and local government agencies; as well as private organizations and members from a variety of Downey Unified School District programs.
If you are concerned about your child, someone else, or need help for yourself, please reach out to your school office or an organization below:
- Contact your child’s school counselor through your school’s main line or counseling office during normal business hours (Hours may be adjusted due to the school dismissal.)
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline (800) 273-TALK (8255)
or text “START” to 741741
- California Youth Crisis Line Open 24/7 (800) 843-5200
- Suicide Prevention Center (800) 727-4747
- Teen Line for teen to teen help: teenlineonline.org or text “TEEN” to 839863
- Care Solace 24/7 Support, (888) 515-0595
- Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health Psychiatric Mobile Response Team (PMRT) ACCESS Line (800) 854-7771