Following an outstanding high school career, which included the unique honor of winning the San Gabriel Valley League Spelling Bee championship and being listed as a Rockwell International Scholar, Alida entered a lifetime of academics. She earned her BA at UC Berkeley and MSSW, MPhil and PhD degrees from Columbia. Alida, currently an Assistant Professor at the University of Chicago, is a William Pollack winner for excellence in teaching. At Chicago she also holds several other positions such as Co-Director of the Chicago Center for HIV Elimination, Co-Director of an AIDS Research center, and a Faculty Affiliate on three related organizations. Her overall research agenda is focused on understanding how social context affects the sexual and reproductive health of youth of color.
- Calling all Artists! The Reflections Contest is Here
- Back to School Night | Sept. 21
- CSF Fall Membership Drive
- Hurricane Hillary: Important News
- First Day of School- August 16th
- Welcome Back Week!
- Link Crew Freshmen Orientation!
- 2006 Hall of Fame Inductees
- 2005 Hall of Fame Inductees
- 2004 Hall of Fame Inductees