Helping You Navigate Your Child’s Digital World
What apps are on your child’s phone? What social media are they using? What age should a child have a smartphone? Digital technology is an excellent tool to make and enhance social relationships. However, it can expose your child to risk.
Clayton Cranford, a cyber security expert and law enforcement professional, will help us navigate this important subject during his presentation, Parenting in the Digital World.
Date: Thursday, February 2
Time: 6:30 – 7:30 pm
Where: Sussman Middle School Gymnasium
Cost: Free to Attend
Who: Parents Only. No children may attend this event.
Discussion Topics will Include:
- Bullying in schools
- Apps kids are using and what you need to know about them
- Risks associated with popular social media sites
- “Sexting” and online predators
- How to set expectations and consequences
- How to monitor online activity and find secret Instagram accounts
- How to talk to your child about pornography
- Parental controls and privacy settings
Additional tools and resources are available at https://cybersafetycop.com/