Instructional Focus Statement
A complete list of health forms is available below. Please download, fill out, and turn in any forms that are applicable to your child. Your protections under HIPAA.
Download Health Forms
Click on the required form and print:
- Authorization for Release and or Disclosure of Medical Information
- Catheterization orders
- Diabetes Care Plan
- Diabetic Care Plan for Oral Medication
- Report of Health Examination For School Entry
- Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Special Meals, Medical Statement to Request Special Meals and/or Accommodations
- Special Meals, Withdraw Medical Statement to Request Special Meal and/or Accommodation
- VP Shunt Care Plan
- · Allergy Care Plan· Asthma Care Plan
Authorization for Gastrostomy Feeding in School
· Hemophilia Care Plan
· Individual Health Care Plan
· Limited Physical Activity
· Limited Physical Education
· Medication Authorization (Request for Assistance With Medication)
· Oral Health Assessment
Oxygen Administration at School
· Seizure Care Plan
· Urinary Catheterization
All students must be immunized to attend school at DUSD. Please click on the forms and information below to learn more.
Student Accident & Sickness Insurance
Even though we take precautions to protect your child from injuries, accidents can and do happen while students are participating in school activities on campus, on school trips, and during extra-curricular activities and sports.
Fees, Charges, and Deposits
Download Information Sheet: English
True Lasting Connections (TLC) Family Resource Center
The TLC Family Resource Center partners with more than 50 agencies dedicated to providing support to children and families within Downey Unified. TLC also ensures that each referred student receives the physical and emotional support they need.
Downey Council PTA H.E.L.P.S.
Information regarding a food pantry sponsored by Downey Council PTA for the students and families of Downey Unified.
Get Connected with the Downey Unified App
Ways to Help at Home
- Have your child speak and answer questions in complete sentences.
- Read with your child every day.
- Monitor your child’s television, video game, and Internet use.
- Encourage your child to use the library.
- Instead of asking, “How was school?” try asking:
- “What made you smile today?”
- “Who did you sit with at lunch?”
- “Tell me something you know today that you didn’t know yesterday.”
DUSD Tech Help Desk
Need help? We are here for you!
The best way to reach the Help Desk is by email.
i-Ready is an online program that will help determine your student’s needs, personalize their learning, and monitor progress throughout the school year. i-Ready allows teachers to meet your student exactly where they are and provides data to increase your student’s learning gains.
Words of Wisdom
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.“
– Walt Disney