WeTip: Confidential Reporting
District Registration Information
On-line Registration for all students opens on July 5, 2022.
2022–23 School Year:
It is mandatory that all parents complete the registration for their student(s) using the Parent Connection Portal at https://parentconnection.dusd.net/
A Parent Connection account is required to complete the registration. If you cannot remember your password, you will be able to reset your password by using the “Need Your Login Information?”. Parents of newly enrolled students that have not yet received the account information, your log-in and temporary password will be sent to you via email from our Student Information System “Q”.
Do you live outside of the District and need a permit?
Request a Permit Now!
Health Policy Information
Please read the documents below for important information about Downey Unified Health, Medication & Illness Policies:
A complete list of health forms is available below. Please download, fill out, and turn in any forms that are applicable to your child. Your protections under HIPAA.
Health Forms must be completed annually by parent and physician.
Click on the required form and print:
- Allergy Care Plan
- Asthma Care Plan
- Authorization for Release and or Disclosure of Medical Information
- Catheterization orders
- Diabetes Care Plan
- Diabetic Care Plan for Oral Medication
- G tube authorization
- Hemophilia Care Plan
- Individual Health Care Plan
- Limited Physical Activity
- Limited Physical Education
- Medication Authorization
- Oral Health Assessment
- Report of Health Examination For School Entry
- Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Seizure Care Plan with or without VNS
- VP Shunt Care Plan
All students must be immunized to attend school at DUSD. Please click on the forms and information below to learn more.
Student Accident & Sickness Insurance
Even though we take precautions to protect your child from injuries, accidents can and do happen while students are participating in school activities on campus, on school trips, and during extra-curricular activities and sports.
Although DUSD does not carry medical or dental insurance for your child, a variety of low-cost medical/dental insurance plans are available through Myers-Stevens & Toohey & Co., Inc.
Additional Forms & Information
Download Info Sheet
Downey Council PTA H.E.L.P.S.
Information regarding a food pantry sponsored by Downey Council PTA for the students and families of Downey Unified.
In Downey Unified’s Virtual Academy, we have a team working together to give you support academically, socially, and emotionally. Please know that you are NOT alone, and we are always here for you! We are fortunate that Downey Unified has partnered with multiple community and family resources to help. A great place for you to begin is by contacting your school counselor. The counselors can then refer you to an agency or you can always contact them directly.
- TLC Family Resource Center (562) 904-3577
- Community Family Guidance (562) 924-5526
- Pacific Clinics (562) 907-0595
- Care Solace (888) 515-0595
- Trevor Lifeline LGBTQ (866) 488-7386
If you are concerned about your child, someone else, or need help for yourself, please reach out to your school office or an organization below:
- Contact your child’s school counselor through your school’s main line or counseling office during normal business hours (Hours may be adjusted due to the school dismissal)
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline (800) 273-TALK (8255)
or text “START” to 741741 or go to suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- California Youth Crisis Line Open 24/7 (800) 843-5200
- Suicide Prevention Center (800) 727-4747
- Department of Mental Health (800) 854-7771
- Teen Line for teen to teen help: teenlineonline.org or text “TEEN” to 839863
- Care Solace 24/7 Support, (888) 515-0595
- Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health Psychiatric Mobile Response Team (PMRT) ACCESS Line (800) 854-7771