About the Musical Theatre Conservatory
While Downey Unified focuses on providing our students with rigorous academics, we also believe in nurturing our students’ other passions. Downey Unified School District’s Musical Theatre Conservatory (MTC) is a free after-school program available to DUSD middle school students who want to pursue enrichment in performing arts.
Students of the Musical Theatre Conservatory (MTC) will attend after-school classes in voice, dance and musical theatre, while working on semester productions for fall and spring performances. Tuition is FREE for all students selected into the program. Auditions will be held each summer and winter for that school year’s performances.
About the Director
DFEO’s Musical Theatre Conservatory is led by DUSD teacher, Andrea Pyle. Mrs. Pyle has been a DUSD teacher for over fifteen years and has developed a successful musical theatre program at Stauffer Middle School. Mrs. Pyle is also an alumni of the Orange County School of the Arts.
For more information about the program and to sign up for an audition, email:
Music Theater Conservatory Director
- You must attend middle school in Downey Unified School District as of August 2023.
- You must audition with both a song and monologue.
- The MTC will meet Monday – Friday from 3:15 pm to 5:15 pm at Stauffer Middle School. Daily attendance is mandatory. Missing more than three days of Conservatory per semester may result in your removal from the program.
- You are responsible for transportation to and from campus. Students who do not attend Stauffer Middle School are responsible for transportation to and from campus.
- You must come prepared for Conservatory (water, comfortable clothes, snacks, script, etc.).
- You must have a positive attitude and be ready to learn!
Come See a Show!