This document contains school policies and procedures you and your student should know. Download: English
Parent Involvement Policy
The document outlines a parent involvement policy for the school, fostering collaboration between school and families.
Download: English & Spanish
This document explains how parents and teachers will work together to make sure all our students reach grade level standards.
Download: English & Spanish
A complete list of health forms is available below. Please download, fill out, and turn in any forms that are applicable to your child. Your protections under HIPAA.
Download Health Forms
Click on the required form and print:
- Authorization for Release and or Disclosure of Medical Information
- Catheterization orders
- Diabetes Care Plan
- Diabetic Care Plan for Oral Medication
- Report of Health Examination For School Entry
- Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Special Meals, Medical Statement to Request Special Meals and/or Accommodations
- Special Meals, Withdraw Medical Statement to Request Special Meal and/or Accommodation
- VP Shunt Care Plan
- · Allergy Care Plan· Asthma Care Plan
Authorization for Gastrostomy Feeding in School
· Hemophilia Care Plan
· Individual Health Care Plan
· Limited Physical Activity
· Limited Physical Education
· Medication Authorization (Request for Assistance With Medication)
· Oral Health Assessment
Oxygen Administration at School
· Seizure Care Plan
· Urinary Catheterization
All students must be immunized to attend school at DUSD. Please click on the forms and information below to learn more.
Student Accident & Sickness Insurance
Even though we take precautions to protect your child from injuries, accidents can and do happen while students are participating in school activities on campus, on school trips, and during extra-curricular activities and sports.
Fees, Charges, and Deposits
Download Information Sheet: English
True Lasting Connections (TLC) Family Resource Center
The TLC Family Resource Center partners with more than 50 agencies dedicated to providing support to children and families within Downey Unified. TLC also ensures that each referred student receives the physical and emotional support they need.
Downey Council PTA H.E.L.P.S.
Information regarding a food pantry sponsored by Downey Council PTA for the students and families of Downey Unified.
Requirements: There are three main requirements to sign up for a sport.
- Student must maintain a 2.0 GPA along with good citizenship.
- Must have a completed Physical Evaluation Form on file.
- Must have an Emergency Card on file.
DUSD Sports By Laws
i-Ready is an online program that will help determine your student’s needs, personalize their learning, and monitor progress throughout the school year. i-Ready allows teachers to meet your student exactly where they are and provides data to increase your student’s learning gains.
Learn more: Visit the Family Center
California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP)
End-of-year statewide test results to get a complete picture of your child’s learning.
Learn more: CAASPP: A Parent’s Guide
School Zone Traffic Laws
Become familiar with the special laws related to keeping schools safe. Learn more: School Zone Traffic Laws
Common Sense Media
Discover family-friendly media you feel good about sharing with your kids. Entertainment and technology recommendations for families.
Q-Parent Connect will allow you to access student grades, attendance, and additional information. Once enrollment is complete, the parent/guardian should receive a Parent Connection account log-in and temporary password.
- If you do not remember your Q-ParentConnection pin or password, please use the links under the Login button to receive that information.
- If you do not currently have a Q-ParentConnection account, please contact your child’s school.
Downey USD App
Stay connected with your student’s grades and attendance. Parents can also listen to or read dialers and emails with important information sent home from the school and district.
- Download app from your app store
- Follow Doty
- Click on Parent Connection
- Enter pin and password from Q-Parent Connect
10 Ways to Help Your Child Succeed in Middle School
- Attend Back-to-School Night and Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Visit the school and its website
- Support homework expectations
- Send your child to school well-rested and ready to learn
- Instill organization skills
- Teach study skills
- Know the disciplinary and bullying policies
- Get involved by:
- mentoring or tutoring students
- giving a talk for career day
- attending school concerts, plays, and athletic events
- chaperoning field trips and dances
- organizing fundraising activities
- attending school board meetings
- Take attendance seriously
- Make time to talk about school